Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

Life behind bars for Kristi Abrahams, Nadia Khalil, Sharon Yarnton


Christi Abrahams

Kristi Abrahams and her boyfriend Robert Smith were arrested in April 2011 eight months after the death of her six-year-old daughter Kiesha.

The little girl was brutally abused by her mother, who was unable to care for her due to the abuse she herself suffered as a child.

Abrahams also hated how Kiesha resembled her ex-partner Christopher Weippeart, the girl’s biological father.

Although Kiesha’s body was burned after her death, an autopsy found 10 separate injuries to her head, jaw and body, including broken teeth.

Abrahams abused her daughter for more of her short life, but it escalated in the 18 months before her death.

Abrahams (pictured) initially said she put Keisha to bed at their home in Hebersham around 9:30pm but was gone the next morning

When a social worker spoke to Kiesha in 2007, when she was three, she pointed to a burn mark and said “Mommy did that” and “Mommy got there.”

Kiesha died when Abrahams hit her twice when she refused to put on her pajamas one night in August 2010.

The couple did not seek medical attention after Kiesha was beaten and instead put her in the shower and then to bed, where she died.

After finding her dead, they hid her body in a trunk for three days, then took it to bushland and burned it, burying her remains in a shallow grave.

They reported her missing and gained a lot of support from Australians after she made several TV appearances.

But it wasn’t long before the police suspected them, and Abrahams eventually made a tearful confession to an undercover cop.

Abrahams claimed she simply gave her daughter “a little nudge” and she fell forward and hit her head on the floor, but forensic evidence refuted this, pointing to strong blows to the head.

Abrahams was sentenced to 22 years in prison for the murder of her daughter Kiesha (photo)

Abrahams was sentenced to 22 years in prison for the murder of her daughter Kiesha (photo)

Both she and Smith were arrested in April 2011, eight months after Kiesha’s death, on charges of murder and manslaughter, respectively.

Smith pleaded guilty in December, but Abrahams resisted until the day before her 2013 trial, when she admitted her guilt.

Abrahams received 22 and a half years in prison with a non-parole period of 16 years, and Smith received a minimum of 12 years.

Smith is eligible for parole and is expected to be released as early as April 21, sparking a public outcry earlier this week.

Nadia Halil

For 15 years, Nadia Khalil hunted young offenders while working as a juvenile judge at the Reiby Juvenile Justice Center in Sydney from 1994 to 2009.

She was arrested in 2017 and will face 12 years in prison in 2021 on 20 charges of sexually assaulting five teenage boys between 1997 and 2005.

However, two more men have since spoken out, and an investigation found that she may have abused more than a dozen others while employed there.

Two men who told their story were only 15 or 16 when they claimed that Khalil flirted with them and gave them cigarettes.

This progressed to sexual acts until Khalil would have convinced them to have sex with her despite their young age and her authority over them.

One of the men, Gary Glover, told the ABC that he felt “embarrassed and dirty” after being sexually assaulted by her and that it affected his relationships with women after he was released.

“I knew it was assault because I felt sick afterwards; I felt like I didn’t want to do that and she made me do it,” he said.

Nadia Khalil, now 49, is serving 12 years in prison for child crimes she committed while working as a juvenile judge at the Reiby Juvenile Justice Center

Nadia Khalil, now 49, is serving 12 years in prison for child crimes she committed while working as a juvenile judge at the Reiby Juvenile Justice Center

Just weeks after his release in August 1997, Khalil gave Gary her contact information and escaped from his cell’s bathroom window with another boy.

He claimed she picked him up the next day and they went to her house where they had sex while he was on the run for six months before being caught by police.

Clinical notes from a therapy session in September 2020 mention Gary saying Khalil ‘ruined all adults’ [relationships with] women.

“She was dirty and sick,” he said.

The prison was already warned in a 1996 internal report about Khalil’s excessive ‘manual’ dealings with prisoners, which recommended not working there, but nothing was done about it and her abuse continued.

An unreleased Voice of a Survivor report spoke to 14 former detainees who said they were abused by a guard named Nadia, who the charity says is Khalil.

Khalil’s crimes were not exposed until 2016 at the Royal Commission into Child Sexual Abuse, prompting police to charge her in 2017.

Sharon Yarnton

Senior prison officer Sharon Yarnton conspired to blow up her husband Dean after discovering he had started a new relationship a year before their marriage broke down.

She devised a “hazardous” plan while meeting three of her son’s friends at Caringbah McDonald’s prior to the February 2015 assassination attempt.

Yarnton held a ‘last supper’ at the Merrylands Bowling Club to commemorate their divorce, where Dean drank eight to 12 beers.

Dean fell asleep in the passenger seat of his Nissan Navara, probably with the help of sedatives Yarnton supposedly put in some of his beers.

Sharon Yarnton, 53 (pictured) was sentenced to 16 years in prison after attempting to kill her jailer husband at Picnic Point in southwest Sydney in February 2015

Dean Yarnton (pictured), woke up to a hissing gas bottle in the back seat of Picnic Point, about 14 miles south-west of Sydney

Sharon Yarnton had arranged for her husband Dean to be burned in his ute, after getting him drunk during a “last supper” with their friends.

She drove him to bushland where her co-conspirators Monique Hayes, 28, her husband Fady Houda, 27, and their friend Anthony Mouhtaris, 25, met them.

They carried gas canisters which they wrapped around the car and doused it with gasoline, with one rigged to set everything on fire.

Yarnton went into the nearby trees so she could claim she was going to the bathroom when the car suddenly exploded.

Dean woke up to the sound of the gas canister hissing and jumped out of the car to confront his estranged wife and avoid a horrible death.

Yarnton had also faked evidence that Dean had accumulated huge gambling debts with loan sharks that she had to borrow to pay, and insulted her.

Monique Hayes and Fady Houda

Monique Hayes and Fady Houda

“You think I’m a monster, a thief, a gambler, a rapist, an alcoholic, and a wife-basher — you know they’re all lies,” Dean said in a victim impact statement.

At the time, Yarnton was a senior assistant superintendent at Long Bay Prison in Sydney after a 25-year career in prison, so her demise was shocking.

She received 16 years in prison for attempted murder and will be eligible for parole in September 2027 after serving at least 10 years behind bars.

He, too, lackeys received long sentences.

Pedophile mother

This woman, whose name cannot be released, sexually assaulted her son, 12, and daughter, 11, and pimped them into other pedophiles.

The depraved mother, now 42, and her husband, now 62, along with another man named Bruce Ford, ran an international network of pedophiles on the Central Coast.

They came into contact with other pedophile parents who abused their children and streamed and uploaded videos of the heinous acts online.

A court heard she was groomed to participate in the abuse, but also encouraged the other parents to abuse their children.

Judge Roy Ellis said that “the sullying of her son and daughter showed an unfathomable level of depravity” that was “impossible to comprehend.”

She was finally arrested in 2010 and received an 18-year sentence in April 2012, with a non-parole period of 13 years.


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.